Saturday, August 22, 2009

PhotoFridays and Critique Nights

Alright, so I was just cruising along on Deviant Art, clicking random icons and exploring parts of the site that I hadn't seen before. And that's when I discovered...that Deviant Art...has..Chat Rooms....

My Reaction: I think I omitted some sort of high pitched squeal of excitement at the opprotunity to converse with other photographers across the world, yelling "OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH" repeatedly at my computer moniter and clapping my hands, giggling in a fashion similar George W. Bush when he sees a monkey with an accordion. Then I blushed liked an idiot for reacting in such a childish manner....

After recovering from my initial elation, I look for photography chat rooms...and VOILA! There I find #iPhotograph...the coolest bunch of Devious Photographers on the site ;)

iPhotograph is a great chat room, mostly because of the creator and moderators....it's become more than just a chatroom...it's a group of regulars that get together for activities like PhotoHunt, Critique Night, and PhotoFridays :D These activities are great for developing photographers.


PhotoHunt- Game

Requires 4 or more players.

The game host chooses one word from the dictionary and the players are given 20 minutes to take a photo that best represents that word, upload it, process it, and post it on Deviant Art.


Critique Night- Constructive Critiques from Peers

Moderators host critique nights weekly, as well as when multiple people ask about a critique hourand a Moderator is willing to host.

Critique Night requires all participants to contribute to the critiquing process so photographers not only learn how to take criticism, but they learn how to give criticism as well. This helps improves one's own skill, as well as give others insight on how to improve.


PhotoFridays- Weekly Challenge

The challenge is to take pictures every Friday, upload them, edit/process, and post them on Deviant Art. Later in the evening, participants post their best photo and other participants offer constructive criticism. This is not ctirique night.


So not only are there fun activities to participate in that will help you grow as a photographer, there are lovely people to talk to :)

(Hi Ashley, Pandinus, Zebra, BlowPop, Weare, Lekompakt, and other iPhotographers!)

No comments:

Post a Comment